Summerfield Browne Solicitors are a modern and progressive law firm who operate a new legal services business model. Combining the best aspects of a traditional law firm, with cutting edge developments in the modern provision of legal services.
What differentiates Summerfield Browne from most traditional solicitors’ practises is that we operate a hybrid legal services business model. This means that in addition to employing lawyers, consultant solicitors are also appointed to deliver legal services on our behalf.
Therefore, this structure has a low-cost base as they do not incur the significant cost overheads of more traditional law firms. Additionally, this means they pass those cost savings back to their clients in the form of competitive fees.
Moreover, Summerfield Browne Solicitors have extensive experience of advising on life science and biotechnology legal matters. These include advising on the development, protection, exploitation and enforcement of biotechnology-related rights. More specifically we can advise on the following:
- Life Science regulation and regulatory approval.
- Commercial contracts including joint ventures, commercial collaborations, research and development agreements, terms and conditions. In addition to agency, supply and distribution agreements.
- Buying and selling businesses and companies and also undertaking due diligence.
- Fundraisings and investments including private equity, venture capital and angel investments.
- All aspects of intellectual property. This includes intellectual property development, registering patents (dedicated patent who work for us) and licensing of intellectual property.
- Enforcing or defending intellectual property infringement actions, breach of contract claims and other commercial litigation matters.