At a time like this digital marketing strategies can prove vital in overcoming the obstacles imposed by isolation. We recommend the following tips to keep engagement high from the comfort of your own home:
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising platforms such as Google Ads present a fantastic way to put your business in the view of potential customers. As the name suggests, you pay when someone clicks on your advert, and you are able to adjust your budget for more or less exposure.
Effective Google Ads campaigns require engaging ad copy, effective ad layouts and an understanding of both your target audience and Google’s algorithms.
Search Engine Optimisation
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) refers to the efforts made upon each page of a website to ensure the highest Search Engine Results Page (SERP) position.
Search engines (such as Google, Bing and DuckDuckGo), automatically crawl every webpage in existence, and award it with an SEO score based of a number of criteria. The algorithms of the bots used for this purpose are constantly being updated, and as a result it is important to keep up-to-date with current SEO practices.
A few general rules to follow:
- Create web content that is relevant and original
- Organise your website in a way that is easy for users (and bots!) to understand and navigate.
- Make sure your coding is in line with best practice, eg. H1, h2 tags for headings and using Alt tags for images.
Social media platforms can be hugely helpful in connecting with customers and businesses, particularly at a time when meeting face-to-face is not an option.
A few tips to maximise the effectiveness of your social media strategy:
- Decide which platforms are right for your brand. LinkedIn is fantastic for B2B marketing, whereas Twitter and Instagram can be great at connecting with customers on a more personal level.
- Present a consistent tone of voice and ‘brand personality’ through your messaging. You may want to present formal, educational information in your posts or take a more personal, humorous approach to social media.
- Post regularly, at the right time. This will vary depending on your audience! Experiment with posting at different times of day, and on different days of the week, to find out when you’re getting the most reach and engagement on your posts.
Email campaigns are a great way to get a lot of information in the hands of your audience. Whilst it may be tempting to throw all the content you have in these campaigns, it’s wise to keep your marketing emails punchy and to-the-point, with links to long-form content for those who are interested.
One look at your inbox will tell you that many businesses are increasing their output whilst everyone is at home, but it’s important to not bombard people with irrelevant information. It’s more crucial than ever to place value in quality over quantity, which will make your messages stand out from the crowd.
This article presents an overview on how you can utilise digital marketing techniques to keep outreach and engagement strong during this time of uncertainty. At Pivotal Scientific, we have specialists on hand to take your digital marketing to the next level!
Should you require any digital marketing support going forward, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today to discuss how we can help you.