No company is too small and no problem too large to support.
Pivotal Scientific has supported the biotechnology industry in Mergers and Acquisitions since 2010. We operate on both the Buying and Selling side - completing sales in the UK, across Europe and in the USA and supporting buyers across all continents including Asia and Africa. Pivotal Scientific operates in the small to medium market, supporting companies that generate up to £30m Earnings Before Interest & Taxes (EBIT) per annum, by offering a broad set of advisory and transaction services.
At Pivotal Scientific, we support a broad set of transactions including:
- Management-led buyouts
- Disposals (assets and stock)
- We have developed a proprietary database of sellers globally, covering manufacturers, distributors and hybrid resellers.
Our model is modular in format so we can provide:
- Individual activities on a standalone basis
- End to end support
Five Step Process
- 1. Fit For Sale0%
- 2. Roadmap0%
- 3. Implementation0%
- 4. Promotion & negotiation0%
- 5. Sale0%
- Fit For Sale (feasibility): To fully assess the company and its saleability in the future by providing a detailed synopsis of the business with specific reference to the key components of what buyers look for.
- Roadmap: Provides a time-based set of activities and options available to exit your company now or in the future.
- Implementation: The implementation of the roadmap on an ongoing basis from strategy to operations
- Promotion & Negotiation: The promotion of the business for sale to our proprietary database (buyers & sellers) and the broader market (Trade, Private Equity and Venture capital firms). This includes the step by step management of activity from LOI (letter of intent), through due diligence to deal structure and pre-closing activities.
- Sale: Supporting our clients in completing the sale (completion accounts, integration services and exit)
Why Pivotal Scientific?
Pivotal Scientific is different because we have combined deep industry knowledge and broad M&A experience in biotechnology, IT and telecommunications. We believe that in order to help companies we first have to understand them. This means our team has experience in setting up companies, growing companies and selling companies, all within the Biotechnology sector. We use this direct personal experience to support our clients in developing and executing their M&A strategy.
What We Provide
To support the widest possible scenarios, we provide a full suite of advisory services including:
- Valuation services (including value creation planning)
- Feasibility studies (how to get ‘fit for purpose’)
- Business planning including full strategic support for future sales including long range planning (a model to implement and to present to potential investors)
- Identify potential buyers or acquisition targets