Some of Our Mergers & Acquisitions Transactions
Pivotal Scientific has supported the biotechnology industry in Mergers and Acquisitions since 2010. We operate on both the Buying and Selling side - completing sales in the UK, across Europe and in the USA and supporting buyers across all continents including Asia and Africa. Pivotal Scientific operates in the small to medium market, supporting companies that generate up to £30m Earnings Before Interest & Taxes (EBIT) per annum, by offering a broad set of advisory and transaction services.
Our mergers and acquisitions model is modular in format so we can provide:
- Individual activities on a standalone basis
- End to end support
Companies We are Selling:
- IVD reagents based in the USA
- Primary human cells based in Europe
- IHC antibodies and distributors based in Europe
- Antibody manufacturing facility in Europe
Ranges Needed by Purchasers
- IVD research reagents
- Antibodies, kits and proteins
At Pivotal Scientific, we support a broad set of transactions including:
- Management-led buyouts
- Disposals (assets and stock)
- We have developed a proprietary database of sellers globally, covering manufacturers, distributors and hybrid resellers.
Five Step Mergers & Acquisitions Process
We follow a modular five step mergers and acquisitions process which can be a mix of fixed fee and monthly fee activities, allowing you flexibility and control over the budget and progress of your exit strategy. Our efforts focus on being ‘fit for sale’ or ‘fit for growth’. This includes feasibility, exit strategies and the actual process of buying/selling and integration.
1. Fit For Sale0%
4. Promotion & negotiation0%
1. Technology and commercial review (fixed fee report)
Even if you are some way from formulating an exit strategy, there are some early steps to ensure you are ‘fit for sale’ or ‘fit for growth’. We perform a technology and commercial review to address how your technology offering sits within the competitive landscape, any gaps and whether are you currently positioned to fully exploit the commercial potential.
2. Roadmap (fixed fee report)
Provides a time-based set of activities and options available to exit or grow your company now or in the future. This typically involves an onsite visit and can be a standalone activity or incorporated into the technology and commercial review.
3. Implementation (priced on individual need)
Implementation of the roadmap on an ongoing basis from strategy to operations. Depending on the specific needs of the company this can include support for operational efficiency (business plan, competitor analysis), brand awareness (content writing, SEO, website design, google ads) and sales growth (distributor introductions and training, B2B introductions, access to new markets).
4. Promotion and negotiation (monthly fee)
On the selling side this includes production of a suitable list of potential buyers (from proprietary database and broader market), the sales brief, a detailed data pack and the step by step management of activity from LOI (letter of intent), through due diligence to deal structure and pre-closing activities.
On the buying side this includes preparing a list of suitable target companies, individual briefs containing key information on agreed targets and the step by step management of activity from LOI (letter of intent), through due diligence to deal structure and pre-closing activities.
5. Sale/Acquisition/Merger (typically fixed percentage on completion of sale)
Following on from promotion and negotiating, supporting our clients in completing the sale (completion accounts, integration services and exit)
Why Choose Pivotal Scientific for Mergers & Acquisitions?
Pivotal Scientific is different because we have combined deep industry knowledge and broad M&A experience in biotechnology, IT and telecommunications. We believe that in order to help companies we first have to understand them. This means our team has experience in setting up companies, growing companies and selling companies, all within the Biotechnology sector. We use this direct personal experience to support our clients in developing and executing their M&A strategy.
What We Provide
To support the widest possible scenarios, we provide a full suite of advisory services including:
- Valuation services (including value creation planning)
- Feasibility studies (how to get ‘fit for purpose’)
- Business planning including full strategic support for future sales including long range planning (a model to implement and to present to potential investors)
- Identify potential buyers or acquisition targets