Distributor Training: Bethyl Case Study
Jan 28, 2020
Bethyl Laboratories, Inc. has been providing key qualified antibody products and custom polyclonal antibody services for over 45 years. During this time, they have developed a portfolio of 9,500 catalogue products; offering over 8,200 primary antibodies targeting over 3,300 proteins and 1,300 secondary antibodies raised against immunoglobulins from over 25 species.
At a recent meeting with Pivotal Scientific’s Business Development team, Bethyl Laboratories highlighted their strong, worldwide distributor network. However, they had questions as to whether their efforts were as per industry standard and demonstrated good distributor practise. From this, we offered Distributor Training as a potential solution.
To provide Bethyl Laboratories with first-hand experience and support to their current system and distributor practices.
It is often difficult to gain open and honest feedback from those within the industry as to how they get such good results from their efforts, be it sales, marketing, validation, etc, which is both understandable and key for their own company success (Intellectual Property, etc). However, Pivotal Scientific offer just that! In the case of Bethyl Laboratories, they have a great network of established Distributors and thoughtful internal practices.
A two-session presentation and tailored support service.
Pivotal Scientific and Bethyl Laboratories engaged in two separate sessions: the first covering general Distributor insights and our recommendations, with time for questions, and the second a month or so later with feedback from Pivotal Scientific on information Bethyl provided post-first session. This inclusive service model meant that Bethyl Laboratories could gain from personalised feedback from Pivotal Scientific on their current practices, Distributor sales, and more.
Bethyl Laboratories recently provided Pivotal Scientific with the following positive feedback on the service:
- Did you enjoy the Distributor Training?
- Yes – we don’t normally get to liaise with people who have actively undertaken the role who are also happy to share their thoughts and experience.
- What did you find the most helpful part of the sessions? Have you put into action elements you may have learned as a result of the session?
- Having the opportunity to talk openly was wonderful. It was lovely to be able to “pick your brains” and learn from your experience. Given that the presentation was provided, we didn’t have to make a lot of notes, more wrote down your answers to the specific questions we asked.
- The second part of the Distributor Training was great. We really liked the suggestions and recommendations in the Pivotal Scientific review of Bethyl Laboratories’ distributors. We have added those distributors recommended to the network and will gauge their performance/the working relationship in time. Certainly, those distributors we have taken on board have proved very communicative which makes for easier, partnered working relationships.
- What did you learn and action?
- The key aspect we learned was how to select a distributor this was not something we were as confident on carrying out previously. We feel that we knew how to manage our distributors, but it was great to receive reassurance that what we were already doing was as would be advised.
- Would you recommend the Distributor Training service? Why?
- Yes, especially for a new company entering the industry and looking to gain distributor insight. It’s a great way to manage expectations of new companies and what they need to do in order to create, manage and review a distributor network.
Interested in learning more about our Distributor Training? Then please get in touch with Jenny to set-up a call today.